05 November 2007

Work is a good place to write.

I managed to write more during lunch today at work than I did in almost 4 hours last night, which is ridiculous really. But if I can keep this up for the rest of the month then I'll be in good shape.

I'm still way far behind word count wise, but I'm getting there ... slowly. I stopped at Starbucks tonight to get a mocha so I would be awake to write tonight, but that didn't work out so well. My coffee drink of choice is a white chocolate mocha with a shot of mint, a/k/a a Ho Ho Mocha at Caribou Coffee, which is where I first got hooked on this yummy concoction. I actually don't like Starbucks much because their coffee is SO strong, but Caribou hasn't made it here yet so I have to make do. So tonight when I ordered my mocha the guy asked if I wanted just one shot of mint or four shots and told me that they had a peppermint mocha which was basically the same thing, but with more shots of mint. Thinking that more mint could only be a good thing I said sure, give me a peppermint mocha.

It. was. terrible. I'm not sure if he forgot to add the peppermint, or whether there was no white chocolate, or what, but it was NOT good. I'm thinking I'll just stick with what I know from now on, unless they can prove to me that there is actually more mint and white chocolate in the peppermint mocha.

Which reminds me ... It's A Grind should have their version of the Ho Ho Mocha by now too and theirs is almost as good, if not better, than Caribou's. I might need to make a stop on my way home from work tomorrow. Unless of course I stay up way late tonight and need coffee first thing, in which case I'll be stopping at Starbucks on the way to work.

Back to the writing ... I'm determined to at least break 6k tonight!

p.s. Caffeine has no effect on me so why do I even bother? Oh yeah, the headaches ... Seriously, though, I've had two Cokes tonight and I'm fighting to stay awake. WTF?

ETA: Woo hoo!!! I've made it to 7248 words. The word count goal for today is 8335 so I'm only 1087 words behind. *bounces* Sleep time now.

Originally posted in [info]writing_is_fun on LJ

No comments: