11 November 2007

Weekend o' writing

Ang is down this weekend for our Second Annual Nano Writing Weekend. This year is much more successful for me than last year's was. I'm already ahead of the game word count-wise both compared to where I was last year and where I'm supposed to be for today so things are looking good.

This is our second day at the It's A Grind coffee shop, home of the world's best white chocolate peppermint mocha drink. It's really a good thing that not only are mochas expensive, but they are also SO not good for you, otherwise I'd probably be here every day drinking one.

Yesterday a guy came in to the coffee shop wearing a green shirt and one of those thin, white headbands on his head. I think those headbands look ridiculous on girls, but it looked absolutely ridiculous on him. Especially considering that he had short, curly hair which in no way, shape or form needed to be held back with a headband. I believe he's going to make an appearance in my novel because how can I not write about that? His name shall be Keaton Michael Namtab - a name I came up with courtesy of Jordan, Jay, Sarah and Jennifer. Thanks, guys!

I had a very productive day yesterday, but now of course I'm stuck. I think I'm going to read Chapters 1 and 2 of Chris's No Plot? No Problem! which I haven't picked up at all this year and see if I can't get more inspired. I probably need to switch characters and write from my male character's POV although I don't have a good grasp of his character as evident by the fact that I've changed his name three times now. Maybe the third time's the charm?

And I really must find a way to work English sheep into the novel somehow.

Originally posted in [info]writing_is_fun on LJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

shellseeker93.blogspot.com/2007/11/weekend-o-writing.html

Anonymous said...

Transparency and fairness are central to recruitment agency operations. They ensure that job seekers are informed about their rights, job details, and contractual obligations, preventing exploitative practices.

Cargo services said...

Exceptional service! Recently used the Dubai to Qatar cargo services from Alweam Cargo, and I couldn't be more satisfied. Swift, secure, and seamless delivery of my packages. The real-time tracking provided reassurance, and the customer support was top-notch. Highly recommend for anyone seeking reliable and efficient cargo shipping between Dubai and Qatar. Alweam Cargo delivers excellence