04 November 2007

a slow start is better than nothing, right?

I'm off to a slow start, but I managed to make it to 1,300 words tonight. I'm trying too hard and have to figure out how to just let go and write. It's going to suck; I know this. Now I just have to accept it.

Tomorrow - after mowing the lawn and cleaning out my garage - I am resolved to catch up. I've told Jennifer that I can't go to her Guitar Hero party this week if I'm behind on my word count. And as I'm addicted to Guitar Hero and am suffering withdrawal I'm hoping it will motivate me to write, write, write! Though I may have to have a change of scenery as I'm getting too distracted at home by various things I want/need to do. I think it's much easier to ignore the daily tasks of owning a home if you have someone to share those tasks with.

I've been neglecting my kitty lately and he's wanting hugs now.

Originally posted in [info]writing_is_fun on LJ

No comments: