04 November 2007

I hate playing "catch up"

I've been behind on my word count since day one and have been playing catch-up ever since. And I hate it. I get on a roll for a little bit and then something distracts me. I was going to give myself a change of scenery today, but I desperately needed to do laundry so here I am ... at home on the couch.

If I write 4000 more words tonight I'll be where I need to be. Problem is, I'm at the beginning stages of the story, where I need to put in all of this background stuff and I hate it. I should just skip ahead, but I kind of don't want to because I know I won't go back and add this stuff in later, and if I can just get it written I'll be ok - besides it will help with the word count in the end. But I can't wait until I can move my MC to Vermont and my story can actually start.

Originally posted in [info]writing_is_fun on LJ

No comments: