11 December 2011

Things I've learned

It's been an interesting weekend.  And it doesn't feel much like Christmas is only two weeks away with the warm weather we're having in mid-Missouri right now.  Not that I'm complaining ... well, okay, I'm sort of complaining because I'd really like to have a white Christmas.  I miss the days when it used to snow at Thanksgiving - not a lot, but just enough to put you in the mood for Christmas.  I used to love driving back to college after Thanksgiving knowing that we'd be putting up the lights in our dorm room and listening to Christmas music.   

Anyway, I spent the weekend trying to write a review and Christmas shopping among other things and I discovered a couple of things:

1.  Writing reviews is a lot harder than I thought.  Well, writing good reviews is harder.  Not that I expected  to be able to sit down and crank out a review in five minutes because if they were that easy to write then everyone would be writing them.  But I didn't expect to have this much trouble.

2.  Christmas shopping isn't as fun as it used to be and shoppers are more disrespectful the closer it gets to Christmas.  Case in point: at Eddie Bauer yesterday I had not one, but two people cut in front of me in line.  I thought I was quite obviously waiting in line to check out - I was standing in front of one of the two registers with my arms full of items to purchase - but apparently I wasn't as obvious as I'd thought.  Either that or I was wearing my invisibility cloak and had forgotten that I put it on.  Both people looked at me and then blatantly stepped up to the register before I could.  I thought about saying something but I was too shocked at their audacity to be coherent.  Why people feel the need to be so rude is beyond me.  I mean, really, what good does it to anyone?  *sigh*

On the bright side, I downloaded Forget The Night Ahead by The Twilight Sad from iTunes on Friday night and spent most of yesterday listening to it.  Between this album and Frightened Rabbit I just might be able to survive the holiday season.

No comments: