18 January 2012

Twas a good mail day today

You know how when you order something online but it doesn't come for a while so you sort of forget about it?  I mean, you remember that you ordered something but it's not at the forefront of your mind anymore because it's been a while since you placed the order?


Well today my order finally came:

  • Midnight Organ Flight by Frightened Rabbit
  • Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters by The Twilight Sad
  • Aspect of Crow trilogy by Jeri Smith-Ready
SO excited!!  Frightened Rabbit and The Twilight Sad are my new favorite bands and I can't wait to listen to these new (to me) albums.  (The Twilight Sad has a new (to everyone) album coming out in February two days before my birthday so I think it'll be a happy birthday to me present. So I'll have more new music from them to enjoy!!)  I could listen to both bands all day long, every day and not get tired it.  (Along with Mumford & Sons' Sigh No More. I love that album too!)

AND, the Aspect of Crow trilogy? I've heard such good things about these books and since I pretty much love everything that Jeri writes, I can't wait to get started on the series.  I have no doubts that I will love this series as much as I do her WVMP and SHADE series.  

Tonight though I am continuing my re-read of Rachel Vincent's My Soul to Take, which is the first book in her Soul Screamers series (well, technically, My Soul to Lose is the first book, but it's more of a prequel novella to the series ... meaning you don't have to read it, but it does provide some insight into Kaylee's character).  I'm participating in the Soul Screamers Reading Challenge hosted by Rachel Clarke at Fiktshun and having just finished Ashfall by Mike Mullin I needed something a bit lighter.  Not that a story about teens dying is necessarily lighter, but it's not as realistic as Ashfall.  

Anyway ... I've been enjoying the re-read so far except that it's made me remember just how much I loved Nash and knowing what's in store for him and Kaylee makes me sad.  



No comments: